In cooperation between Faculty of Science and Engineering, Al-Hikma University and IEEE Yemen Subsection, a symposium on “the new technology and its Impact on the current Era” has been held on 13 October 2020, 9am – 12pm at the Big Hall, Al-Hikma University Main Campus, Sana’a, Yemen.
The outlines of the symposium were as follows:
- Talk of Prof. Mokhtar Dayel, the Presedint of Al-Hikma University.
- An Introduction to IEEE (by Dr.Ammar Zahary, Chair of IEEE Yemen Subsection).
- Talk of Prof.Fuaad Abdulrazzak, the director of IS center of the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Artificial Intelligence and its Impact on the Current Era (Speaker: Prof. Khalil Al-Wagih).
- Cyber Security and its Impact on the Current Era (Speaker: Dr.Al-Gawdah Mohammed).
- Presentations of some outstanding graduation projects.
The symposium has been held under the patronage of Ministey of Higher Education and supervision of Prof. Salah Musfer, Chair of Senate Council of Al-Hikma University, Prof. Mokhtar Dayel, the University President, and Dr. Ibrahim Al-Baltah, the dean of Science and Engineering Faculty.
More than 200 participants have attended this event including several deans, graduate and undergradute students of Engineering and Computing colleges from several universities.
In addition, Prof.Fuaad Abdulrazzak, the director of IS center of the Ministry of Higher Education and two deputy ministers, prof. Nabeel Al-Sohybe and Prof. Sadeq Al-Shraji have participated in this event.